Summer Internship Programme (SIP) 2017
How is this programme different?
Project Share created the Summer Internship Programme, with the aim to bring young people living in disadvantaged area to the Central business area of Hong Kong so they can experience and learn from professionals.
This programme involves youth working in companies with professionals to expand young people’s social network and learning the professional work culture from people they encounter at the workplace.
to give young people exposure to the professional work environment
to connect young people to professional individuals who can provide personal and professional guidance at the workplace and beyond
- to familiarise youth with Central and other business districts, where many of them have never been before and very few have knowledge and experience of the working environments and to overcome the mental barriers caused by the geographical and cultural divide.
- Aged 15-20
- Complete the application by deadline
- Finish interview process with Project Share staff and/or respective host company
- Able to attend all workshops
- Commit to full-time work during the summer
Interested students are required to apply through our online student application form (in English) by 5 May 2017 (5pm).
Teachers can also print out hard copy of the Application Form for students to complete, but we highly encourage students to use our e-form to familiarise themselves with the procedures.
Applicants are also required to submit the following supplementary documents:
(i) The latest two years’ academic report
(ii) Reference letter is required to be submitted by the referee separately via email. Please use the template here and send it to email@example.com
We are now calling for corporate partners this year.
This programme is made successful with the contribution of corporate partners who are willing to offer their time and skills. If your company is interested in offering placements to young people living in disadvantaged areas for 3-6 weeks during the month of July and August, you will first need to nominate one Cantonese-speaking co-workers to be the mentor who would be responsible of being the main contact for the young person and other members of the team within your work.
Qualities we look for in mentors
- Have had at least 1 year work experience at the company
- Passionate about disadvantage youth issues in HK and willing to contribute
- Able to share experience and culture, give advice with the young person assigned to the company
- Priority goes to those who are also from the areas we work with, but it is not mandatory
- Commit to 3-6 weeks of mentoring experience
To become a corporate partner, you will need to email the Project Director, Ada Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org. Mentors will also need to complete our online Mentors Registration Form by 28 April 2017.
For a list of corporate partners 2016, please go to Summer Internship Programme 2016 Corporate Partners.
The Summer Internship Programme is divided into four phases with rationale and tailored procedurals to ensure the programme is functioning to maximise the experience for participants. These phases are
(2) Sharing and Networking,
(3) Closure, and
To understand more about each of these phases and the rationale behind them, please refer to the PDF downloadable here.
To learn more about the work we have done previously, please download the below documents for your reference.