SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME
accumulate Youths' Social and work capital
Project Share created the Summer Internship Programme, with the aim to bring young people living in disadvantaged area to the Central business area of Hong Kong so they can experience and learn from professionals.
This programme involves youth working in companies with professionals to expand young people’s social network and learning the professional work culture from people they encounter at the workplace.
to give young people exposure to the professional work environment
to connect young people to professional individuals who can provide personal and professional guidance at the workplace and beyond
- to familiarise youth with Central and other business districts, where many of them have never been before and very few have knowledge and experience of the working environments and to overcome the mental barriers caused by the geographical and cultural divide.
- to provide a platform for mentors and interns to understand each other, and for mentors to discover potentials of students
Media and Publication, Architecture and Interior Design, Legal, Finance, Marketing Research, Logistic, Property Management, etc.
This programme is made successful with the contribution of corporate partners who are willing to offer their time and skills. If your company is interested in offering placements to young people living in disadvantaged areas for 3-6 weeks during the month of July and August, you will first need to nominate one Cantonese-speaking co-workers to be the mentor who would be responsible of being the main contact for the young person and other members of the team within your work.
How to become a corporate partner?
To become a corporate partner, please complete the form from this link. Your information will be kept by us and we will reach out to you when we open for registration.
STUDENT ELIGIBILITY AND APPLICATION
- Aged 15-20
- Complete the application by deadline
- Finish interview process with Project Share staff and/or respective host company
- Able to attend all workshops
- Commit to full-time work during the summer
We open for registration April of each year. Interested students may complete and submit the online registration form to register.
Applicants are also required to submit the following supplementary documents:
(i) The latest two years’ academic report
(ii) Reference letter is required to be submitted by the referee separately via email. Please use the template here and send it to email@example.com