Project Share has been working with youth living in disadvantaged areas since 2011 and found that youth who possess natural creative talents do not always have access to people or knowledge to help them develop their skills into something applicable in the work world.
Inspired by Andy Warhol’s “The Factory” (and Factory Records), Project Share incepted the idea of hosting series of Factory Workshops to find creative talents within the pool of youths we work with and broaden their exposure and experience of art and artistic ideas. The first Factory Series (Factory I and II) was organised in 2012 with the simple aim of locating kids with creative talent and providing them with the tools and platform to express their skills. With the success of the past Factories, Project Share is expanding the series and created Factory III, the aim of which is to commercialise the skills found in previous Factory Workshop.
- To help youth who have creative talents understand what an artistic life requires by going through 6 key themes that each artist would need to go through
- To assist youth understanding of how they can apply their talent in the working world by giving them a list of jobs that creatives can enter
- To assist youth explore different forms of artistic expressions and to learn how to put ideas into work through interactive sessions
- To introduce them to various players in the industries and offer them a chance to ask questions
Factory I & II - Life as an Artist: The Expression of Self (25 & 26 JULY, 2015)
Factory I & II is a unique approach to introduce what it takes to be an artist to students who have natural creative talents, which comprises the following six main elements:
- Universal Ideas - ideas that speak to all of us
- Influences - things that speak to you
- Story - what you say to the world
- Compromising - success without losing belief
- Learning - never stop
- Working - being in a team
In addition to having speakers shared their experience with them, we will be asking them to put theory into practice by having them create their own piece of art. The Factory Series mainly comprises the following parts:
- Panel Discussion - About 3-4 professional artists from different creative industries will be invited to share their experiences on the six themes through a panel discussion.
- Experiential Learning - Participants will create their own punk magazine and work in groups to create a punk outfit which represents an idea they come up with.
- Performances - Different artists will be invited to perform to share their stories to the audience.
FACTORY III - COLLABORATION & COMMERCIALISM (Coming SOon)
Factory III aims to provide youth with the guidance needed to bring their skills to another level and to understand commercial enterprise and build a small business.
Factory I & II - life as an artist: the expression of self
- Aged 13-20
- Reside in our focus areas (Tin Shui Wai, Tuen Mun, Yuen Long, Tung Chung)
- Nominated by Visual Arts teacher from school
- Proven interests and talent in creative arts
- See the needs to be exposed
- Have never been to our Factories before
Factory III - Collaboration & commercialism
Part 1 - Commercialism
- Shown interest to become an entrepreneur
- Shown interest in web development and understand how technology and social media play a role in current businesses
- Have basic computer skills
Part 2 - Collaboration
- Participated in Factory I or II before
- Nominated by Project Share
- Shown skills and talent in the creative industry
- Shown desire to commercialise their products
If you are interested in joining Factory I & II, please fill in and submit the online student application form by 21 July 2015 (5pm).